One of the surface maintenance services we are happy to provide to our valued clients at re:fab is Dry Ice Blasting. Dry Ice Blasting, sometimes called Cold Jet or CO2 Blasting, is a relatively new cleaning process using solid CO2 pellets, known as dry ice.
Why Should I Use Dry Ice Blasting?
There are many reasons why Dry Ice Blasting has become a popular cleaning solution for businesses across the country. As an expert commercial painting company, we’ve used it for a number of different applications. Here are a few reasons you won’t be able to ignore:
- Quicker Clean = Profit: This process is fast, thorough, and can be executed on-line without any disassembly of equipment and without the need for drying time. This means less downtime for your business, and more runtime means more profits.
- Non-Abrasive, Non-Flammable, and Non-Conductive: It won’t damage most substrates and can be used safely on electrical components. It can quickly remove most contaminates without damage to panels, lines, tubes, wiring, belts or switches.
- Reduces the Need for Harsh Solvents: Dry ice is an approved medium by the EPA, USDA & FDA, and is non-toxic, non-hazardous and inhibits mold and bacteria growth. It replaces chemical or solvent based cleaning and manual scrapping.
- More Thorough and Quicker: Dry ice can get into tight spaces that many other methods cannot. It is also less labor intensive than traditional methods.
- Food Industry Safe: It has been documented by the Food Standards Agency to effectively decontaminate surfaces; it can be used in EPA, USDA, FDA, AIB, and GFSI inspected/certified facilities.
Is Dry Ice Blasting Right For Me?
Because of its many positive qualities, Dry Ice Blasting is used in industries and manufacturing facilities spanning from aerospace to automotive assembly plants, fire damage to food and beverage processing, general maintenance to historical restoration, mold removal to surface preparation – the options are endless. To discuss your particular application, be sure to connect with us at re:fab for a free consultation.
At re:fab, we are a commercial painting company in Massachusetts that specializes in surface maintenance and repair and has been servicing the needs New England residents for more than 30 years. If you’re considering this or many of our other services, it would be our pleasure to introduce you to this innovative new technology and to show you how it can save money for you and your business. Call us today for a demo!
We hope you’ve enjoyed this first installment of our “Weekly Products” posts. Check back each week as we feature more products and explain the many services we can offer to you for both home and office! We look forward to hearing from you soon!