Chalkboard paint like Benjamin Moore Chalkboard Paint is a wonderful way to create a colorful, functional chalkboard in any room using paint that is washable, durable and erasable. While many people have heard of chalkboard paint, what you may not know is that it is available in any color! Whether you’re looking to add a chalkboard wall in your child’s playroom, want to add an artistic flare to your living room, or think a chalkboard menu or family messaging station would be great in your kitchen, this product is ideal for you.
As a residential and commercial painting company in Massachusetts for more than twenty years, we’ve seen our fair share of fads come and go in the painting industry, however we think chalkboard paint is one that is going to stick around. Not only is it functional and fun, chalkboard paint is a great way to add creativity to your daily routine. Some of our favorite projects have been children’s playrooms, dining room walls, game rooms and more. Don’t forget your office, too! Chalkboard paint is also a fun way to bring creativity and brainstorming into the office. From boardrooms to break rooms and everything in between – the only limit to chalkboard paint is your own creativity!
At re:fab, we are a residential and commercial painting company capable of handling all your painting projects – big and small. If you’d like to discuss a chalkboard paint project for your home or office, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
Chalkboard paint is also available at your local hardware store and can be purchased in any color to match your current paint scheme. Here are a few tips should you decide to take on the project yourself:
1. Once you have selected the space for your chalkboard, clean the surface completely and repair any protruding nails or other imperfections.
2. If you are applying it to plastic, metal, or shiny metal surfaces, we recommend using a primer before applying the chalkboard paint.
3. Tape off the area to be painted using painter’s tape and use a brush or roller to apply the paint within the taped-off area. For best results, use a nylon/polyester brush or short-nap roller.
4. To ensure best results, allow the painted area to dry for at least 3 days before using the chalkboard. When erasing, we recommend using a clean, damp cloth or paper towel. We do not recommend using a chalkboard eraser.
5. Because of the additives used in some varieties of chalk, using a light-colored chalk designed for use on chalkboards is best. The others can leave a residue when erased.
To learn more or to schedule a consultation and estimate regarding your next painting project – big or small – please do not hesitate to connect with our team of representatives at re:fab. From small residential projects to large commercial and industrial painting needs, we stand ready to assist you. In the meantime, please feel free to browse our website to learn more about our services and background, and be sure to find us on Facebook where we share fun painting tips, exciting project ideas, pictures of recent projects and much, much more. Connect with us today!